Monday, January 7, 2008

Oh, how I love election years...

The New Hampshire Republican Party is no longer sponsoring the FOX presidential debate, because FOX refuses to include Ron Paul as a candidate. There has been a lot of speculation as to why FOX would dislike Ron Paul, such as the fact that Dr. Paul's views are antithetical to the neocon agenda that FOX tends to promote.

I'm loving this. As little as I like Dr. Paul's candidacy (I would probably rather see any of the three leading Democratic candidates instead of him in the White House), it's always good to see FOX and the Murdoch media machine take a hit--an admittedly minor one, but still.

Even better, the Mitt Romney campaign may be heading for a train wreck, and Giuliani isn't doing much in New Hampshire. McCain is polling ahead of Romney in New Hampshire and will probably win that primary. Since Jerry Falwell isn't around to be tagged an "agent of intolerance" anymore, and nobody really cares about my favorite false prophet, McCain could even do well in South Carolina--we'll see. Hopefully Huckabee doesn't get too much of a boost from the Baptists down there, as he'd be a disaster as anything higher than VP nominee.

I can't believe I'm feeling good about this primary season.

No comments: